Headquarter of Captain Fredrick R Kintner, Head of Military Guard
Captain Frederick R. Kintner was the Head of the Military Guard during the time of the treaty negotiations. During these meetings, his military guards stood around-the-clock watch. Guards were provided shelter when in camp, sufficient rations of beef and bread or flour with salt, and one gill (one-fourth pint) of liquor per day. They were compensated for their service a sum of money not less than fifty cents and not more than one dollar per day of service.
In the fall of 1827, Kintner and his brother James Kintner located a saddle and harness making business on the north side of the Wabash River. It was located near a small stream that is presently known as Kintner Creek.